Monday, February 9, 2015

2 New Recipes.... Cilantro Lime Chicken and Alfredo Chicken

This past week we tried two different freezer meals.... Cilantro Lime Chicken and Alfredo Chicken.

The Cilantro Lime Chicken was pretty good. We shredded the chicken a bit and wrapped it up, along with the beans and corn mixture, a little shredded cheese and some sour cream, in a tortilla and had....wraps/burritos/tacos of sort. There was a little leftover so I nibbled on it for lunch the following day. I think we'll be doing this one again. Em enjoyed and so did I. I didn't get photos to share....but will make sure I do next time.


The Alfredo Chicken was pretty good as well. I boiled some penne pasta noodles and mixed them with the crock-pot mixture once I got home from work. I added a big spoonful of sour cream, to help add to the creamy-ness --- the mixture looked to be more runny than creamy Alfredo. Topped it with Parmesan cheese and called it dinner. Emily liked and so did I. We'll probably do this freezer meal again, but probably use a different brand of Alfredo sauce....and I'll probably add a touch of salt to it.

This recipe made plenty! There were plenty of leftovers.... so we may scale down the recipe next time around.


No comments:

Post a Comment