Monday, February 16, 2015

New Recipe - Chicken Fajita

Chicken Fajitas

We've tried several different "recipes" for fajitas.... and haven't been pleased with any of them yet. Until now. This was a freezer meal .... and I was "snowed in" today... so I decided to crock pot it this afternoon/evening for dinner. Em isn't here to enjoy it with me --- but, that's her loss, I suppose.

The flavor was spot on with this recipe --- not to spicy, not too ....chemical tasting... We've experienced that before with the packet fajita seasonings. The chicken cooked up tender - as it does so perfectly in the crock pot.  The only complaint I had --- the onions and bell peppers were a little... chewy, maybe? Their skin didn't "break down" so well .... so there was some chewing going on. Next time I'll see about cutting them differently. I chopped them in bigger pieces and strips because I figured they'd do better for fajitas. BUT --- I'll go smaller next time. I don't want to leave them out -- because, again, the flavor is good.

I wrapped these in wheat tortillas....sprinkled some shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. They were yum! And there's enough for lunch tomorrow.  We will be enjoying this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment