Thursday, February 12, 2015

New Recipes - Chicken Teriyaki and Honey Garlic Chicken

So this past week we tried two of our freezer meals --- Chicken Teriyaki and Honey Garlic Chicken.

The Chicken Teriyaki was really good. I dropped it in the crock pot on my lunch break and it was ready for dinner when I got home. We had this with plain white rice. It was my plan to pick up some broccoli - but forgot once I got home and settled. So - next time I'll make sure broccoli is on the list - it would've made a nice compliment to this meal.
 
It's nothing pretty to look at -- but it was good. The chicken was nice and tender, the sauce was great --- although we agreed, it could be thicker and saucier.   We both enjoyed this meal -- and will be fixing it again... next time adding more chicken to the bag (there was an excess of sauce).
 

Next was Honey Garlic Chicken. Same thing... I tossed this in the crock pot on lunch one day...and dinner was pretty much ready when I got home from work. The plan was to serve this meal with rice as well ----- but --- an odd thing....we were out of rice. Neither of us have any clue as to how this happened..... I don't recall using the last of the rice. And, we have a "rule" that whenever we're low or run out of something - we jot it down on a list....and.... well.... rice wasn't on the list.  It disappeared somehow.  But... I digress.... No rice... so we had to improvise a little. We had a little bit of mashed potato flakes remaining in the box...(no worries, they're on the list)... so I stirred them up and fixed up a quick box of mac n cheese. I know - carb overload - but, I was thrown off a bit with the disappearing rice....and...well... to be honest, I wasn't sure how this honey garlic chicken would turn out. But, I've got mac n cheese leftovers for lunch, so all is good.
This one turned out looking much prettier. And... it was good, too! Again, the sauce was really runny... Em and I agreed it needed to be thicker and saucier. There was a garlic-y twang too it --- almost a little too salty. We will have this one again....but I'm gonna check the recipe and if it calls for a pinch of salt or something along those lines, I'll adjust. Again the sauce was plentiful - so we'll add more chicken next time.
 

 
I think this makes us down to only 2 more freezer meals remaining..... bbq chicken and fajita chicken. I'll be browsing pinterest soon to see what we'll put together for the next go around. This has been an easy way to cook .... throwing the bags in the crockpot mid day and having dinner ready after work. Perfect for my busy schedule right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment