Saturday, January 31, 2015

Freezer Meal - Orange Chicken

Well... this was one of the freezer meals that I prepared earlier this year. The night before I placed the frozen bag in the fridge to defrost. The next day, I came home from work during lunch and dumped the bag into the crockpot. Once home from work - dinner was ready - per se.

Boiled some plain white rice and heated some frozen wonton appetizers in the oven. Dinner was served.

My take: ehhhh.... not so great. The "sauce" was more of a thin liquid than "sauce" as I was expecting. I'm not sure I liked the mix of orange and onions and such. The chicken was moist and tender and flavorful --- but not sure I liked the flavor.  I don't think we'll be doing this one again.
Ems take: "a 2 out of 10".  She wasn't impressed either.
Overall take: we're tossing this recipe and not planning on doing it again.

I hope the remaining 6 freezer meals are better!! Stay tuned to see!



No comments:

Post a Comment