Monday, January 26, 2015

New Recipe - Kale Chips

Another Pinterest curiosity....  Well, not COMPLETELY Pinterest inspired.

My co-worker, Deanna, made these a while back and brought some into the office for us to try. I loved them!! And....the word on the street is that these things are good for you. So, I've been wanting to try to make some on my own.

Well, Kroger had their organic kale on sale this past weekend.... so... what better time to try this.

I browsed around on Pinterest and a few other websites -- to make sure I knew what I thought I knew about how to do this.  It's simple..... clean the kale, dry the kale (I used my salad spinner), chop it up into "chip" sized pieces (maybe a lil bigger than bite-size, because it shrivels and shrinks). Once you have your fresh, cleaned and dried kale chip pieces, toss them in a bowl with some olive oil and a lil salt. I added a little sprinkle of garlic powder as well.

Once they're tossed ---- lay them out on a cookie sheet.

 
Aren't they so pretty!! So bright and green!
 
 
Next you pop them in the oven ... I set it on 250 degrees... for about 18-20 minutes.
 
And.... this is what you get.  Sad looking kale chips...... shriveled up.....
 
 
BUT --- don't let the look deceive you............they. were. yummy! Crispy and crunchy....and perfectly done!
 
My take: DEFINTELY doing this more often.
Ems take: She liked them....thought they were pretty yummy.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment