Monday, January 26, 2015

New Recipe - OMG! Crock Pot Chicken

I came across this recipe on Pinterest...looked good, sounded good... so I thought I'd give it a try.

The recipe:

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 1 Can cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 Packet of dry Italian Dressing
  • 1 Packet of dry Ranch Dressing
  • 1 8oz pkg of Cream Cheese
Instructions
  1. Throw everything in the crockpot on low and cook 6-8 hours.
  2. After about 4 hours of cooking I usually stir everything together- but if you're not home it's no big deal.
  3. Just stir about 20 minutes before serving to really mix together the cream cheese and dressing packets.
 
 
 
So ---- seems I have to tweak almost every new recipe I try...
My tweak: I did only one package of dry Ranch dressing. The dry dressings are so strong to me --- so I couldn't imagine having both packages in there. And, well, I didn't have 2lbs of chicken --- maybe closer to 1lb.
 
Once it was done, I served it over white rice...making sure to add some "gravy" to my bowl.
 
 
My take: It was pretty yummy. I like chicken 'n rice meals --- this one was good.
 
There was enough leftover for Em and I to have it for dinner the next night.
 
Her take: She liked it.
 
We'll probably do this one again. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment