Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Recipe ...kinda... Lasagna Roll-Ups

Lasagna Roll-Ups
 
So, this wasn't necessarily a "new" recipe...more like a frequently used recipe done a different way. I've seen this on Pinterest several different times....and didn't really follow a specific recipe to tackle this dinner tonight. I felt certain I could use what I normally use and just roll it up, instead of stuffing like I do with the manicotti or shell pasta.
 
Here we go... I simply made this just as I would normally make stuffed manicotti or stuffed pasta shells...boil the noodles, stuff them with filling, top them with sauce and bake them....the stuffing I use is a base of Ricotta cheese, shredded Mozzarella cheese, and Italian spices... depending on what else I have on hand will alter the recipe a little. I typically stuff the manicotti or shells with the cheese mixture and top it with the spaghetti/meat sauce (a jar of Ragu and a pound of ground turkey). This time, before rolling the lasagna noodles, I did a layer of the cheese mixture and a small layer of meat mixture on top of each noodle, THEN rolled the lasagna noodles up. Placed each "roll" with the end down, topped it with more meat sauce and shredded Mozzarella cheese then popped it in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
 
Ems take: too much noodle and the shells/manicotti usually have more cheese.
My take: not too bad. I do think it could use some more cheese ... rolled in the noodle and on top!
Final take: we'll do this again. It was simple...not to much different than the shells and manicotti.
 
One final thought on this.... I made 6 rolls. We added a side of green beans and garlic bread for a yummy meal! I have plenty left over for lunch tomorrow and even a little left over for dinner tomorrow night. 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment