Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pinterest Project - Menu Board


While browsing on Pinterest, I came across this idea. Since I've been browsing recipes and one of my challenges this year is to try new recipes, then I've been trying to figure out how to do a "menu" for the week. I've tried doing a menu several times before --- but, it seems our schedule doesn't always allow for that... Maybe with the new year and the few things I'm doing with getting organized (with my recipes and freezer meals and such), then we can try the "menu" thing again. I think this way will be a little more...relaxed.... just jot down a general plan for the week.

This project was quick and easy --- mainly because I had all the materials on-hand.

1 8x10 frame, with glass
1 8x10 colored/designed paper - trimmed to fit the frame if it's larger
Stickers for the title and the days of the week --- or you can handwrite these.
Ribbon to hang... or some sort of way to hang. I chose ribbon tied to the frame hook and a Command Strip hanger -- jussst in case I want to move it from where I initially started.

You'll also need a dry erase marker. The one I have pictured is a wet erase...and will get a dry-erase when it dies.

I did my stickers for the titled and the days of the week on my paper. I drew lines with a black pen to give me the sections for each day. Once I got my page done, I just popped it in the frame. TaDa!

I tied the ribbon to the frame hook, allowing some to dangle behind for the marker and a loop up over the top to hang it.

Simple. And, well, I'm gonna tag this project to my "oneword365"
 challenge --- because VERVE, again, is "creative enthusiasm".  You can ask Em how silly  I was when this project was completed. I saw it on Pinterest, gathered the stuff and within 40 minutes the project was done! It was such a quick and easy project....and so far I'm pleased with the results.

Now.... the challenge will be to actually USE it on a regular basis!!

No comments:

Post a Comment